where’d it go?
sign up for my SP monthly newsletter!
the old stuff
A Place for Question… on I’m going through a whol… danielgroot on Guess it’s about time to… Candice Carr on Guess it’s about time to…
- #campfire #Saturdaynights #smoreinprogress @ Shaver Lake, California instagram.com/p/BaQPtfVn-1Vo… 2 days ago
- Idea: multiple choice entry exam for presidential candidates. Must score 75% and up to run. Sample Q: Nazis are: 5 days ago
- Munch munch #slomo #bunny instagram.com/p/BZzDQbqH0_SP… 1 week ago
- RT @MattOswaltVA: Twitter, where everyday you can witness courage in the face of zero adversity twitter.com/TomiLahren/sta… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Mikel_Jollett: Police killing innocent people. twitter.com/mitchellvii/st… 3 weeks ago
Category Archives: thailand
How can a person be born again? Nicodemus once famously asked. Try moving to an entirely new context and, as a full-grown adult, learn a new language and new customs. Enter as a baby. A college-educated, previously independent… baby. How … Continue reading
Wednesday night I picked up a friend from the airport. No big deal, except for the fact that exactly one year ago, on a Wednesday morning, she picked me up from the airport immediately after I was deported from Thailand. D … Continue reading
Amtrak is always a gamble. Some trips are smooth; other trips, no matter how prepared you are or what you planned, turn out to be something wholly other. This post is a mediocre comparison of my Amtrak trip for Thanksgiving … Continue reading
I don’t blog much anymore. After the cancer series of posts, I felt uncertain how to move forward with writing. I was (likely) headed to Bangkok. Then I went to Bangkok. Now I’m back in the U.S. I don’t … Continue reading
Admit it, you read the title in David Bowie’s voice. Last night, not only did I begin to write 8 by spelling it out, but I got so far as to write “A-E-ก” before realizing: 1) Who spells out numbers? 2) … Continue reading
So, what is life like when you’ve left your native land and begun cultural acclimatizing in a new place? Instead of writing something deep and pithy, here are shallow reflections on new elements in my life: Seven 11 This should … Continue reading