where’d it go?
sign up for my SP monthly newsletter!
the old stuff
A Place for Question… on I’m going through a whol… danielgroot on Guess it’s about time to… Candice Carr on Guess it’s about time to…
- Pippity poppity #popthecorns instagram.com/p/Bchv3fBHzS11… 2 days ago
- RT @JamesMartinSJ: The US will soon face the consequences of a #TaxBill that takes money from the poor to give to the rich. Those who voted… 1 week ago
- Church this morning included “10,000 Reasons” on the organ and TBH it was awesome 2 weeks ago
- #modestomagic #mushrooms instagram.com/p/Bb0kSUpnwgEy… 2 weeks ago
- RT @JordanPeele: ‘Get Out’ is a documentary. 3 weeks ago
Category Archives: faith
Two months into sabbatical, I’m slower, more appreciative, and more present. 10/10 do recommend. I’m present enough to rejoice and see the small mercies and small places of growth. Perhaps the gift of patience is not so small a mercy. … Continue reading
Merton once told me to quit trying so hard in prayer. He said: ‘How does an apple ripen? It just sits in the sun.’ A small green apple cannot ripen in one night by tightening all its muscles, squinting its … Continue reading
When was the last time you felt it-your own longing, that is? Your longing for love, your longing for God, your longing to live your life as it is meant to be lived in God? When was the last time … Continue reading
Joshua Phillips on Instagram Oh Holy Night is an Advent song, a traditional hymn proclaiming the goodness and fulfillment of Christ’s coming. Sing it at Christmas, shelve it for the rest of the year. It seems oddly appropriate for Lent, … Continue reading
Wednesday night I picked up a friend from the airport. No big deal, except for the fact that exactly one year ago, on a Wednesday morning, she picked me up from the airport immediately after I was deported from Thailand. D … Continue reading
I love this comic strip. One of the perks of being more thought-oriented is that when my heart feels afraid, overwhelmed, or sad, my brain can step in and remind me of what is true. Sometimes the reminder really helps. … Continue reading