where’d it go?
sign up for my SP monthly newsletter!
the old stuff
A Place for Question… on I’m going through a whol… danielgroot on Guess it’s about time to… Candice Carr on Guess it’s about time to…
- Pippity poppity #popthecorns instagram.com/p/Bchv3fBHzS11… 2 days ago
- RT @JamesMartinSJ: The US will soon face the consequences of a #TaxBill that takes money from the poor to give to the rich. Those who voted… 1 week ago
- Church this morning included “10,000 Reasons” on the organ and TBH it was awesome 2 weeks ago
- #modestomagic #mushrooms instagram.com/p/Bb0kSUpnwgEy… 2 weeks ago
- RT @JordanPeele: ‘Get Out’ is a documentary. 3 weeks ago
Category Archives: daily grind
Sabbatical means more space to learn and question, and most importantly to indulge persistent questions and thoughts that are… not deep. Not profound. Mostly… ridiculous things along the lines of shower thoughts. FOOD RELATED -What is the difference between a … Continue reading
Two months into sabbatical, I’m slower, more appreciative, and more present. 10/10 do recommend. I’m present enough to rejoice and see the small mercies and small places of growth. Perhaps the gift of patience is not so small a mercy. … Continue reading
How can a person be born again? Nicodemus once famously asked. Try moving to an entirely new context and, as a full-grown adult, learn a new language and new customs. Enter as a baby. A college-educated, previously independent… baby. How … Continue reading
I’m a firm believer that a comic can be pithier and deeper than a philosophical quotation or dissertation.
Joshua Phillips on Instagram Oh Holy Night is an Advent song, a traditional hymn proclaiming the goodness and fulfillment of Christ’s coming. Sing it at Christmas, shelve it for the rest of the year. It seems oddly appropriate for Lent, … Continue reading
Amtrak is always a gamble. Some trips are smooth; other trips, no matter how prepared you are or what you planned, turn out to be something wholly other. This post is a mediocre comparison of my Amtrak trip for Thanksgiving … Continue reading