where’d it go?
sign up for my SP monthly newsletter!
the old stuff
A Place for Question… on I’m going through a whol… danielgroot on Guess it’s about time to… Candice Carr on Guess it’s about time to…
- Pippity poppity #popthecorns instagram.com/p/Bchv3fBHzS11… 2 days ago
- RT @JamesMartinSJ: The US will soon face the consequences of a #TaxBill that takes money from the poor to give to the rich. Those who voted… 1 week ago
- Church this morning included “10,000 Reasons” on the organ and TBH it was awesome 2 weeks ago
- #modestomagic #mushrooms instagram.com/p/Bb0kSUpnwgEy… 2 weeks ago
- RT @JordanPeele: ‘Get Out’ is a documentary. 3 weeks ago
Author Archives: Liz
Sabbatical means more space to learn and question, and most importantly to indulge persistent questions and thoughts that are… not deep. Not profound. Mostly… ridiculous things along the lines of shower thoughts. FOOD RELATED -What is the difference between a … Continue reading
Two months into sabbatical, I’m slower, more appreciative, and more present. 10/10 do recommend. I’m present enough to rejoice and see the small mercies and small places of growth. Perhaps the gift of patience is not so small a mercy. … Continue reading
Merton once told me to quit trying so hard in prayer. He said: ‘How does an apple ripen? It just sits in the sun.’ A small green apple cannot ripen in one night by tightening all its muscles, squinting its … Continue reading
When was the last time you felt it-your own longing, that is? Your longing for love, your longing for God, your longing to live your life as it is meant to be lived in God? When was the last time … Continue reading
How can a person be born again? Nicodemus once famously asked. Try moving to an entirely new context and, as a full-grown adult, learn a new language and new customs. Enter as a baby. A college-educated, previously independent… baby. How … Continue reading
I’m a firm believer that a comic can be pithier and deeper than a philosophical quotation or dissertation.