where’d it go?
sign up for my SP monthly newsletter!
the old stuff
A Place for Question… on I’m going through a whol… danielgroot on Guess it’s about time to… Candice Carr on Guess it’s about time to…
- #campfire #Saturdaynights #smoreinprogress @ Shaver Lake, California instagram.com/p/BaQPtfVn-1Vo… 2 days ago
- Idea: multiple choice entry exam for presidential candidates. Must score 75% and up to run. Sample Q: Nazis are: 5 days ago
- Munch munch #slomo #bunny instagram.com/p/BZzDQbqH0_SP… 1 week ago
- RT @MattOswaltVA: Twitter, where everyday you can witness courage in the face of zero adversity twitter.com/TomiLahren/sta… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Mikel_Jollett: Police killing innocent people. twitter.com/mitchellvii/st… 3 weeks ago
Author Archives: Liz
Merton once told me to quit trying so hard in prayer. He said: ‘How does an apple ripen? It just sits in the sun.’ A small green apple cannot ripen in one night by tightening all its muscles, squinting its … Continue reading
When was the last time you felt it-your own longing, that is? Your longing for love, your longing for God, your longing to live your life as it is meant to be lived in God? When was the last time … Continue reading
How can a person be born again? Nicodemus once famously asked. Try moving to an entirely new context and, as a full-grown adult, learn a new language and new customs. Enter as a baby. A college-educated, previously independent… baby. How … Continue reading
I’m a firm believer that a comic can be pithier and deeper than a philosophical quotation or dissertation.
Joshua Phillips on Instagram Oh Holy Night is an Advent song, a traditional hymn proclaiming the goodness and fulfillment of Christ’s coming. Sing it at Christmas, shelve it for the rest of the year. It seems oddly appropriate for Lent, … Continue reading
Wednesday night I picked up a friend from the airport. No big deal, except for the fact that exactly one year ago, on a Wednesday morning, she picked me up from the airport immediately after I was deported from Thailand. D … Continue reading